Monday, December 08, 2008

Advent

from the mom

We are well into Advent and every night Ben and Kyri look forward to their Dad reading them a bit more of the story and putting one more piece of their Nativity in one place. My friend Leah sells Usborne books and we have especially enjoyed this one with a new piece of the Nativity (from the book) to set up every evening.

The kids are also going to be wrapping presents for Toys for Tots as we learn about giving to others. M and I have both taken the opportunity to talk to Ben about giving and having him donate to the Salvation Army.

I've realized recently what a good job my parents and grandparents did at teaching me about giving. M and I have both realized that we want our children to grow up with the delight of giving being much more important than the benefit of receiving.

No comments: