Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ben's Candidate

from the mom

M and I spend a moderate amount of time discussing politics in our house. We're currently watching to see which candidates will earn nominations, and discussing who we would like to see run on both tickets. It is not very clear-cut.

While M was on the internet last week, Ben was standing by him as we discussed the candidates. "Who do you want for President, Ben?" M asked.

"Barack Obama!"

Stunned silence from his mother. I know he appeals to the young, but....

No, really. He just likes the sound of his name.

5 comments:

Queen of Carrots said...

Well, it *is* a fun name to say.

Linds said...

I remember when Gary Hart was running for president, and hearing other little kids say they'd vote for him because he had a nice name...

Kristen said...

Maybe that's why he was sick this week: he's got

OBAMA FEVER! ;)

I'm telling you, pretty soon everyone will have it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ben. I got a good laugh imagining your mothers face!
Judy

Sarah M. said...

Some how I missed this post until just now. LOL That's hilarious. I'd have loved to have seen R's face... well and M's too. LOL

Don't they say, "Kids say the darndest things..."

Oh... and how did Uncle Mark feel about this? ;-)