Monday, June 20, 2005

Welcome to the School of Hard Knocks

I had a fun weekend, even though we spent too much time in the car.

We stayed in a cool place (hotel)and I had so much fun exploring it. There was a big screen and I watched some dogs. I didn't want to go to sleep there though and my pack'n'play isn't very comfortable for a bed. But Mom and Dad went to sleep and let me complain until I finally gave up and decided to sleep.

In the morning, we went swimming in a pool. It was inside and I could yell and my voice would echo really loud. Mom kept telling me to keep it down but I didn't see anyone else and it was so fun. Dad went swimming too and we had fun.

We went to see Grammy and Grandpa and Uncle Mark and I played with new toys and got lots of hugs and cuddles. We went riding a lot in the car but we went on fun swings and I went down a really big slide with Grandpa and then with Uncle Mark. We found a river to throw rocks in and then we found more swings and slides.

At Grammy's house there is a swing. It was really fun until I fell out and hit my nose really hard. Mom says it is because I let go of the swing right when Grandpa was giving me a big push to make me go higher. Somehow it is always my fault. It hurt really bad and Mom said she was glad she wasn't there to see it happen. I had blood on my nose and I have a big bump on my head and scrapes on my nose. Dad said he was proud of me: he said I handled it pretty well. I thought I cried a lot. Mom keeps showing me my face in the mirror. She says I look like I got in a fight. I didn't like falling but I did get lots of cuddles after that and a banana smoothie. That was nice.

4 comments:

the Joneses said...

Ben, please tell your mom that we want to see a picture of you after your fight with the swing ;)

Seriously, you'll find that one of the only good things about getting hurt is that you often get good food (i.e., sweets) afterwards. Especially if you make your caregiver feel guilty about it.

--DJ

Anonymous said...

Dad was pretty proud of his bruised forehead and bloody nose. (And sad of course.)

Rachelle said...

DJ-A photo has been taken and will be posted in the near future. Ben looks like he was in a good fight so if CPS comes knocking we'll be calling you.-rlr

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.